Tech, Bitcoin, Investment, programming, Gaming and Network Analysis Discussion Platform and Idea Sharing...

Monday, 25 March 2019

[CA] Grandma helped me set up a stock account in her name, I made a large profit and now she’s saying the money is hers

So about 2 years ago when I was 15, my grandma helped me setup a stock account under her name because I was interested in stocks. I deposited more money into the account over the years, totaling about $700. I’ve been messing with pennystocks the entire time and while I had some bad losses,I’ve made a very good profit. I’m not going to specify but the account is worth several tens of thousands now.

Last week I was visiting my grandma and she asked me how the stock account was going (I don’t visit her very often and shes never asked before), and she was shocked when I told her how much I made. She suddenly told me that it was in her name, it was her account, and it was her money. I was super confused but we got into an argument and I ended up leaving. I’ve talked to my parents and they talked to her about it, and apparently they got into an argument too.

She is insisting that the money is hers, the account is under her name but I put all of the money in it, and did all the trades under the impression that she was letting me use an account under her name, then we’d change the account to my name when I turned 18. I am now 17, turning 18 in 7 months.

Yesterday I got an email that the bank account was changed and I checked and all the money was gone. I don’t know how she got it because she didn’t know the password, I’m guessing she contacted support or something?

What are my options? My grandmother has basically stolen what I was planning on using for college. Can I even do anything??



Written By: idiotthrowaway29
Source: https://ift.tt/2TWA2m2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Reads