Tech, Bitcoin, Investment, programming, Gaming and Network Analysis Discussion Platform and Idea Sharing...

Sunday 31 March 2019

[KY] My daughter is now being threatened on social media because of the bathroom mess earlier this month, and other parents are threatening to sue the school for rescinding their ban.

On March 4th my daughter was banned from using the girls' restroom in her school over her presentation on an intersex condition, PAIS, that ended with her explaining that she has this disorder and was also born with male parts as well as female parts. Two days later I asked for help here and on /r/intersex. The help has been great and the school removed the ban around two weeks ago, so my daughter has been using the appropriate bathroom rather than using the staff one.

So around last week she had a bad encounter in a restroom after lunch period where another girl called her a "he-she" and a "freak" and threw a tantrum about her using the women's restroom. The girl likely told her parents about this, who likely passed onto other parents, and now they are again pushing again for my daughter to be banned from using the women's restroom.

A few days ago my brother, who has been aware of the fact that my daughter is intersex as well, forwarded a link to a group on Facebook named "Keep (school name)'s Bathrooms Safe!" that was completely targeting my daughter, with her name included on the posts. The posts were absolutely vile and heartbreaking, but what worries me the most were these two posts.

Post #1.

Post #2.

I'm already filing a restraining order against the nastier folk, but I want your help here again for two reasons.

I googled what ADF means and what I got was a conservative christian lawyer organization. I am worried that they will be able to sue the school and force my daughter to use the boy's facilities and sports teams, where the second is where she worries the most being that she does extremely well in soccer and that it's her best chance to get an athletic scholarship for the future.

Even without their legal threats in mind, since these parents are outright encouraging their children to hurt my daughter then I have no idea what recourse to take. I've already forwarded these screenshots without censoring them to the school administration so they know the students more likely to bully her. I want to know the best way to help my daughter so she would be safe from these horrid people.

I'm planning on contacting InterACT as they probably know how to handle this situation the best, but I'm still worried about the safety and wellbeing of my daughter in her school.



Written By: bathroomthrowaway313
Source: https://ift.tt/2CMyVuC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Reads