Tech, Bitcoin, Investment, programming, Gaming and Network Analysis Discussion Platform and Idea Sharing...

Sunday 31 March 2019

Niece needs therapy but brother won’t take her.

14 years ago my brother got his girlfriend pregnant in high school. They graduated and ended up living together at her parents house. No more than a few months after my niece was born it was soon discovered that my bother’s girlfriend was cheating on him so he took my niece and ended up moving back with my family.

After about 3 years of raising her with us, he got a new girlfriend and decided to move in with her, leaving my niece to be cared for by my parents. My parents raised her feeling sorry for her since her mom and dad had left her so they spoiled her a lot. My sister and I did our best to help with raising her and talking with her.

We noticed that she has had a lot of sadness and anger in her, my mom has even found razor blades hidden in her room that she’s been cutting herself with.

My bother recently decided to take her back now that she is 14 and blames her mood swings and tantrums as just a means of trying to get attention, her going through puberty and a result of my parents spoiling her. My sister and I think that she needs therapy because there are things she not saying that maybe she can say to a therapist who can help her.

My sister and I are 22 and 24 years old and we grew up with my niece and she’s like a little sister to us. We think she needs therapy but our brother is refusing to get her help. My niece has told us that she wants a therapist and has even talked to her teacher about it.

I want to know if there’s a way to get her help without my brother. We keep pleading him but he won’t go through with it. We are both working so my sister and I are willing to pay for it. My brother is her legal guardian so there’s not much we can do without his consent. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TL;DR: Brother left my niece for my parents to raise for 11 years, took her back and now refuses to get her therapy that my sister and I think she needs because if mood swings and her cutting herself.



Written By: mt3446
Source: https://ift.tt/2YNbyue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Reads