Tech, Bitcoin, Investment, programming, Gaming and Network Analysis Discussion Platform and Idea Sharing...

Tuesday 23 April 2019

I think my orthodontist scammed me with "Invisalign".

I started (what I believed was) Invisalign back in December. My orthodontic paperwork/contract says Invisalign. My orthodontist's website says Invisalign. Even their telephone hold music/voiceover talks about Invisalign. But when I contacted Invisalign about a problem I've been having with my trays (they're uncomfortably tight on my gums and causing recession), they couldn't locate my patient ID. Turns out I don't have one, because my orthodontist isn't actually treating me with Invisalign. He's treating me with 3M Clarity Aligners instead.

The Invisalign rep was pretty troubled by this situation. She took down my orthodontist's name and number and reported him to their investigation department. She also had me email her photos of the paperwork I received and signed that included the Invisalign logo. As for next steps, she advised me to reach out to my orthodontist and ask him how this happened. I did so this morning, and the receptionist seemed confused. She called me back an hour later, said my orthodontist was out with a family emergency, but told me another orthodontist at the practice said they sometimes use Invisalign, sometimes use 3M. This wasn't ever communicated to me when I signed my paperwork and took all the first steps for my treatment. I was under the impression that I was being treated with Invisalign until today. Their website doesn't mention 3M Clarity Aligners. It only mentions Invisalign. Furthermore, the consent form I signed clearly specifies Invisalign and nothing else.

My question is: Should I seek an attorney? If so, what kind? Do I have a case with this situation? I'm on tray 13/14, and my teeth are not yet straight. In fact, I have more problems now than I did in the beginning (my gums have receded, my bite is off). At my last appointment, my orthodontist told me I'd need a second set of refinement trays. I'm hesitant to receive any further treatment from him, though.

I'm expecting my orthodontist to call me back within the next few days. In the meantime, I appreciate any guidance/insight you all can provide!

Edit: I am located in Virginia.



Written By: m00nslut
Source: http://bit.ly/2W1heyM

2 comments:

  1. This information is very interesting. I like your blog because the content was really impressive. Thank you for giving much of information.Invisalign worcestershire

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a proficient article that you have shared here about clear aligners price I got some unique and valuable information from your article. Thankful to you for sharing this article here.


    ReplyDelete

Most Reads