Tech, Bitcoin, Investment, programming, Gaming and Network Analysis Discussion Platform and Idea Sharing...

Tuesday 23 April 2019

[Massachusetts] Coworker sexually harassed me and groped me. Went to HR and was told that we have different senses of humor. Told supervisors at work. Can I legally be fired for talking about HR’s response to me?

The title pretty much sums it up. For two years now a coworker has made unwelcome sexual jokes/innuendos that I’ve shot down immediately. For example: he’s asked if I like being tied up during sex, told me he’s slept with coworkers from previous jobs, that he enjoys when I wear transparent shirts because he can see my bra, and told me that other female coworkers want to be fucked nonstop since they don’t see themselves as the marriage type. Over the summer when we were alone at work, he grabbed my waist and then started slapping my ass with his lunch box. I went to HR that day, told them what happened, and also sent them a Skype conversation between the two of us where he kept asking me if I wanted his “cucumber”. After a week of supposed investigation, they told me that they handled the matter, to come to them if he does anything else, and that him and I just have different senses of humor. I told a few people about this recently who are supervisors and the issue is being revisited tomorrow. I was told today by my boss that any conversation with HR is confidential. My job fires people left and right for the smallest things. I am actively looking for a new job but in the meantime, I am worried I will be fired for speaking out. Is it legal to fire me in this type of circumstance? PLEASE only serious replies.



Written By: T0sspot
Source: http://bit.ly/2XyV0V6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Reads