Tech, Bitcoin, Investment, programming, Gaming and Network Analysis Discussion Platform and Idea Sharing...

Tuesday 23 April 2019

[RI] Tenant lost court case and was told to vacate on the 26th. Now she “wants to talk” am I obligated to listen?

I have a tenant who through a long story ended up paying half rent in a small unit in an attempt to help both parties. She was told after 6 months her rent would go up. When the 6 months came and went, she stopped paying rent. She put in several BS housing complaints that have been dealt with (and then again destroyed by said tenant). Even the housing folks are losses at her and won’t come look at the unit until she’s gone.

We went through arbitration where she said she would not pay any past due or future rent. She did give a small check, I don’t know why as she wasn’t required by the court, that then bounced anyway.

Either way we were told if she wasn’t out by the 26th then we could have her removed. Two days ago, she sent a text saying that she got a job and she’s like to talk. Didn’t respond, and yesterday got another text asking to talk.

She had a full year to find work, I think she’s panicked because the months almost over. I do not want her in my house. She won’t pay rent on time or fully ever, she loses her mind when she doesn’t get her way, and she’s manipulating another tenant into going against her own husband.

Biggest question I have, can I ignore those texts and just continue with the process on the 26th? I live in the multi-unit too so there may be interactions until then.



Written By: bonfire_bug
Source: http://bit.ly/2UyRB6U

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Reads