Tech, Bitcoin, Investment, programming, Gaming and Network Analysis Discussion Platform and Idea Sharing...

Sunday 31 March 2019

Being Forced to Pay for Things My Parents Bought, "For Me"

I don't want to sound like an ungrateful brat, so I'll keep this as simple as possible... I'm 17 years old, and my parents forced me to get braces, and now I have to pay for them. The payment is $132USD a month, and they are also making me pay for my dirtbike, which they bought on loan and are making me pay. The rate on the bike is around 1-2% which is nice but I pay $200 a month for it which isn't so nice.

I don't want to have to sell the bike, it is the only way I get to spend quality time with my dad and also relieves stress, which I tend to build up a lot of and have huge breakdowns over, which I haven't told anyone about, until this post.

We have a business in which we breed dogs, and that was the source of my income, until they suddenly started saying the money that was being placed in my account is not mine, and when I got low on money, which inevitably happens when you make hardly any money and pay $332 a month for things that you shouldn't have to pay for, they got upset, fired me, and then took my debit card away. The taking the debit card away kind of makes sense to me, but firing me and forcing me to get another job doesn't make sense.

Here's my main issue. I am not allowed to work Sundays, and I do many many extracurricular activities. I am in marching band, in the fall, and jazz in the spring, and both of these take most of my time up. Jazz is about to end and I will have time afterwards, but currently I am confused on how to find a job and find the time to work where I can at least breakeven every month and not have to quit band, or stop going to church, or stop going to mutual, or the early morning seminary I attend.

I just made really good friends, about a couple months ago after living in my area for seven years, and I am also worried that I won't be able to spend time with them... I had some friends before but never hung out frequently.

I have a good work ethic and have over 2300 hours of exercising leadership positions in band, scouts, and my church, and would love to work a real job for once, but I don't know where to start with any of this.

I understand that most of this isn't entirely legal help but anything anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. I have also never posted here so I am sorry if I broke any rules, I've only occasionally read full posts here and this is the only place I can think of that may be able to help. (Sorry for the length too.)

Were my parents legally allowed to give me money, and then force me to make payments on things they made me get, and then say it wasn't my money and fire me? I am pretty sure I worked for that money but I don't know anything about this stuff...

Edit:

They wouldn't let me get another job or my license at 16, or I wouldn't entirely be in the boat where I have no money saved or an unreliable job. I'm hopefully getting my license Tuesday, but I still won't have a job yet.

Edit #2:

I am now aware that I will still be doing what they had me doing with the dog business, but for some reason they are going to pay my brother instead, even though he does hardly any work at a horrificly terrible quality. (Thats just a rant note)



Written By: StagnantWaffle
Source: https://ift.tt/2CH5IkD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Reads