Tech, Bitcoin, Investment, programming, Gaming and Network Analysis Discussion Platform and Idea Sharing...

Sunday 31 March 2019

Has my stupidity cost me?

A year or so ago we sold my girlfriends HHR. It was on its last limb and sold it to a family who told us they were going to scrap it for parts. Here’s the kicker: we forgot to take off our license plates when we sold the car. Fast forward to today and we have received a towing bill from some random police department who found the car on the side of the highway. Now for the twist: the car that was towed isn’t the car we sold the family a year ago. Different color and different VIN and we can prove it. So my question is: will it be worth it to fight and try avoid paying the towing bill? Or since the plates on the car are technically ours are we gonna be stuck footing the bill?

Edit: I forgot my location. Kansas City, MO. The Kansas highway patrol is the law enforcement agency who is billing us.



Written By: CizSwizz
Source: https://ift.tt/2YFsXok

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Reads