Tech, Bitcoin, Investment, programming, Gaming and Network Analysis Discussion Platform and Idea Sharing...

Monday 8 April 2019

Banned on r/bitcoin for a comment that didn't even show up

So, 12 days ago I stumbled upon on the post on r/bitcoin where the readers are encouraged to report @Bitcoin account to Twitter (for unjustified "scamming and account buying/selling"). I wasn't banned on r/bitcoin yet, but I thought I could post something sensible, as I thought that what they're doing was not right. Link to post.

Unfortunately, I was censored immediately by auto-moderator, probably because of some keyword I used, as seen on this snew link (I'm one of 2 censored instantly posts).

Please note that I don't post on r/bitcoin often, don't even visit anymore, and my last comment there was 7 months ago. And yesterday - BAM.

https://i.redd.it/cat72n0sp2r21.png

By now, you're probably interested to see what I wrote, so here's my comment in full:

@Bitcoin account is the living proof that there exist people that once were bitcoin supporters. As real bitcoin supporters as you are now. And they saw the change that happened in the bitcoin software and the bitcoin community. And they changed their mind, not really about what the bitcoin means to them, but about what the bitcoin has become.

Nobody bought/stole the @Bitcoin account. There are many of us that changed our mind, and I can tell you, bitcoin is not what it used to be. I used to be a bitcoin supporter, I mined my first BTC in 2012, I ran the full node, I ate the burgers paid by bitcoin in 2014. And although I did all that things, and supported BTC 100%, I changed my mind when I saw the $0.5 fee, a thing that was ridiculed as impossible just a few years before. And I saw the $50 fee, and paid ~$10 fee to escape from BTC to Bitcoin Cash. And I saw the BTC to alt dominance slip from 90% to ~30%.

Let me ask you, why do you think there is only one Linux kernel? Why do you think there was 90% BTC market dominance? Answer is the same - it is not easy to do the fork. If I were to fork the BTC in 2012 (as many have), it wouldn't have any value. All alts put together had less than 5% of value of BTC market cap. If I were to fork the Linux kernel, nobody would use it. Nobody would contribute to it. I would need to do miracle to do better than existing linux community, attract more better developers, attract the users, and do all that hard work. Why would I do that, if I already have working Linux kernel, and I can freely contribute to it, and it will continue to serve my needs?! Well, the same cannot be said for bitcoin. Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System is not money if I need to pay significant fraction of the transaction to the miner fees. And it is very easy for me to fork BTC, and acquire a lot of supporters that don't like the current state of bitcoin. Even those that oppose the fork will leave the bitcoin because it became unusable, and align themselves for some of the other promising altcoins.

Look up the LibreOffice, MariaDB, and stories behind them, and you will see what the Bitcoin Cash is. It's no fake copy, it's the original.

For anyone interested in the history of bitcoin, look up who Gavin Andresen and Mike Hearn were, and what they did. Let me know if you think you are better supporter of BTC then they were.

For anyone who thinks I'm imagining things, please be assured, I lived through it, I was where you are now, and here's the truth written up in details: https://hackernoon.com/the-great-bitcoin-scaling-debate-a-timeline-6108081dbada



Written by: 9500
Source: http://bit.ly/2G2TuDT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Reads