Tech, Bitcoin, Investment, programming, Gaming and Network Analysis Discussion Platform and Idea Sharing...

Monday 1 April 2019

Employer using tips to balance out deposits at the end of the night and editing employee time

Located in Florida. I am a manager at a franchised ice cream place. I report directly to my district manager. We have to report whenever our deposits at the end of the night are over or under x amount. When the deposits are significantly under she tells me to “take it from the tip”. I am never comfortable doing this because it doesn’t feel legal nor right. I have asked her if it is legal and she said “Of course they made a mistake so we take it from them!”

Is this even legal and how else can I approach if it isn’t? Also, me being the manager and actively taking the money from the tips to fix the deposits does it bring me into some legal trouble as well?

As for the second question, I am also instructed to edit time of the employees, by 1-2 minutes if they leave late or don’t take their break in time. I know this is not legal and brings me to the same question as to will I be in legal trouble if someone blows the whistle?

Edit: a word



Written By: soflopaintball
Source: https://ift.tt/2UmrOTp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Reads