Tech, Bitcoin, Investment, programming, Gaming and Network Analysis Discussion Platform and Idea Sharing...

Wednesday 24 April 2019

[IA] Builder raised property next to me so rain drains to my property

I live in Cedar Rapids IA. Last year I bought a house that had no houses to the South of me for about a block. A few months after that, someone bought all the empty lots and started to build several new duplexes. This has been fine except that they brought in fill dirt and now parts of their property line are significantly higher than mine. My house is old and the area around my house is pretty flat so I do not have the best system to remove water from close to my house. We have not had any problems with water getting into the basement on that side of the house but I am worried that the extra water funneled to my house by the neighbors will start causing problems.

Do I have have any right to make them add a trench line or something that would funnel the rain to the street instead of to me?



Written By: TypicalLurker5
Source: http://bit.ly/2IRfrZv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Reads