Tech, Bitcoin, Investment, programming, Gaming and Network Analysis Discussion Platform and Idea Sharing...

Saturday 20 April 2019

My downstairs neighbor wants to sue me because my vacuuming everyday has caused her cat to become ill. [MA]

I moved into an apartment about a month ago with my toddler, husband and 2 cats. Everyone seems to keep to themselves and we don't really talk to anyone and do the same. I clean the apartment everyday for about an hour, including vacuuming. We've always lived in places with hardwood floor and this is the first carpeted place we've had so I'm noticing that my cats seem to track litter EVERYWHERE and my toddler likes to play barefoot. So I vacuum every morning at 10am while she eats breakfast.

My downstairs neighbor, a middle aged lady, has come to my door this morning after I've cleaned and told me that my "incessant vacuuming" has caused her cat ulcers, and that I don't need to do it everyday. Supposedly her vet told her that the ulcer was caused by new stress and she immediately linked my vacuuming and her cat being scared while I do it (literally about 20 minutes a day) to the new stress She said she'd send me the vet invoice and expected me to cover the cost?

Now don't get me wrong, I feel terrible that her cat is sick, but I'm not going to stop cleaning? My cats are absolutely terrified of the vacuum and just hide until I'm done, no medical issues. I told her I didn't have the money to cover the cost and she told me she'd see me in court and walked off. Great first impression, I suppose.

Should I wait and see what happens? Or should I start saving for a lawyer? Maybe talk to the landlord? Or maybe I should just offer her something to make her happy?



Written By: dhsatan
Source: http://bit.ly/2DomEgd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Reads