Tech, Bitcoin, Investment, programming, Gaming and Network Analysis Discussion Platform and Idea Sharing...

Friday 19 April 2019

[TN] MY 65 y/o dad was getting benefits from the VA and a few weeks ago they cut him off. Now they're back charging my parents upwards of $15,000 because they say he was never supposed to be covered.

The title is the base of the problem.

I'm going to get as much correspondence from them on the issue as I can this weekend (I live out of state) so that I can try to piece things together.

They say they don't know yet how much they're going to owe, but 15k was their "best-case-scenario".

My parents don't know where to start and there's no way they can afford that in a lump sum, even a payment plan would cripple them. My dad was getting treatment because of his neck and back, and my mother is the breadwinner and she is a children's minister so she's not exactly raking in the dough.

I'll definitely be back after I get my hands on the actual correspondence from the VA but I'd love to know what to look for and what I need to get my hands on to take to a lawyer if they need one.



Written By: ThePresident11
Source: http://bit.ly/2v9SAjR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Reads